No products in the cart.
Please note: This post is an updated version of How To Organize Your Facebook Friends.
See also How To Organize Your Friends on The New Facebook – Part 2: How to Post Only to the Friends in a List.
I love being able to filter my Facebook news feed – for instance, so I can see only my personal, business or Sydney friends.
Here’s how you can create your own lists and filter your news feed by those lists.
How to Create a List of Friends
- From your Home page, select Friends from the left-hand side menu.
[Edit Friends] button at the top of the page.
- Click the [+Create a List] button at the top of the page.
–> A dialog box will appear and will populate with all your friends.
If you have heaps of friends, this may take a little while.
- Enter a name for your list, eg Personal Friends, Work Colleagues, Family, Business Associates, whatev.
- Click on each person you want in the list.
–> A blue box and tick will appear for the selected people.
Click the person again to de-select them.
- When you’ve selected your list members, click the [Create List] button.
And you’re done!
Repeat these steps for each list you want to create.
- From your Home page, click the [Most Recent] link at the top-right of the page.
–> Now a down arrow will appear.
- Click the down arrow to expand a list of options, including your lists. If the list you want isn’t visible, click [Choose another…] and it will appear.
- Click the list you want.
–> Your news feed will now only show for the people in that list.
Pretty cool, huh? And so organized!
PS Wanna Connect on Facebook?
|Please be sure to click the [Like] button to connect. —->|