We’re getting close to the end of the year. It’s a great time to think about refreshing our mental and physical space.
To decide, out with the old, in with the new.
Here are 10 ideas for clearing out clutter and old energy, and ushering in a fresh perspective for the new year.
- Get rid of any old, saggy pillows.
Replace them with new, fresh, fluffy ones.
- Check your home, balcony, and garden for decrepit potted plants.
Instead, find some healthy, green, bursting-with-life ones.
- Don’t go to bed every night in depressing bedlinen.
Invest in some new sheets in calming but happy hues.
- Prepare to let go of your old diary.
And pick out a motivating new diary, filled with possibilities for the new year.
- Don’t dress each day in discolored, shapeless, or tatty underwear.
Buy yourself underwear that’s practical and pretty - or manly for you dudes.
- Let go of clothes you don’t wear, or don’t feel good in.
Rather, put together a range of outfits that help you feel your best.
- Do a check for negative thinking habits that keep you stuck in old patterns.
Opt instead for more positive thinking patterns.
- Consider easing out of friendships that have run their course.
You’ll be able to make more time for your important relationships.
- Delete apps that clutter up your phone or iPad but never get used.
Replace them with apps to help with new-year goals - such as losing weight or organizing your home and life.
- Toss out make-up and skincare that’s old, smelly, or no-longer-you.
Get yourself some fresher shades and products that help you feel your best.
What other ideas do you have for refreshing your life for the new year?
Please share your ideas in the comments!