No products in the cart.
Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In todayâ€™s 5 minutes weâ€™re going to express-organize your paperwork.
Ready, set, organize!
Day 14: Organize Your Paperwork
Step 1: Gather all the paperwork from around your home – whether strewn throughout the house, covering every surface of your home office, or assembled in a towering pile. (If this alone takes more than 5 minutes it doesnâ€™t count!)
Step 2: Quickly flick through the papers and create 3 piles:
- Action Pile: Papers that need your attention â€“ look for bills, school notices, invitations, etc.
- File Pile: Papers that need to be filed â€“ look for warranties, tax info, insurance notices, important receipts, etc.
- Discard Pile: Papers that you donâ€™t need â€“ look for junk mail, notices for past events, random scraps of paper, etc.
Keep it moving and donâ€™t overthink. If youâ€™re really in doubt about something, put it on your Action Pile to consider when you have more time.
Step 3: Schedule a time during the week to action the Action Pile and file the File Pile.
Step 4: Discard the Discard pile. Be sure to shred sensitive information.
And youâ€™re done!
NOTE: Weâ€™ll tackle the rest of your desk, den, study, or home office area tomorrow.
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Start dealing with your Action Pile now. Itâ€™ll be easier to continue later if you start now; and/or
- File your File Pile; and/or
- Shred your sensitive Discard Pile.
Now donâ€™t you feel liberated?
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Donâ€™t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Belowâ€¦
Please leave your commentÂ below to say youâ€™ve done todayâ€™s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]