Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to freshen up your crockery and glassware.
Remember: take a deep breath and think clarity, freedom and order, as you go.
Day 6: Freshen Up Your Crockery & Glassware
Step 1: Get a garbage bag and line it with some newspaper.
Step 2: Quickly scan your crockery and glassware. Put into your bag any bowls, plates, cups, saucers, mugs or glasses that are:
- In poor condition
- Ugly promotional items.
Step 3: Place your bag in the trash or empty it into the recycle bin as appropriate.
Step 4: If you need to replace any items, make a note on your shopping list.
Step 5: Do a quick tidy of your remaining crockery and glassware so that:
- Similar things are together, and
- Most commonly used items are most easily accessible.
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
Decide to abandon your ‘special occasion’ stash.
- If you have glasses, crockery or other items you only use for special occasions, consider abandoning this idea.
- If the items are too delicate or not your taste, perhaps you could donate them?
- If they’re nice and usable, perhaps you could integrate them with your everyday stuff and get pleasure out of them more regularly? You’ll also save yourself the trouble of packing them away after every use.
Now won’t meals be more pleasurable?
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave a comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]