This week I’ve seen two helpful posts on getting organized for travel, at opposite ends of the travel scale.
Around the World
He offers a few tips for being a more organized, less stressed traveler, including:
- Taking fewer clothes
- Having nothing large in the bag
- Being flexible
- Combining items and multitasking wherever possible
- Leaving things along the way
- Having the right technology
And he should know!
On the Road
- Driving into the daytime rather than night
- Having a large store of podcasts & books on CD
- Using GPS
- Writing down highway patrol numbers before leaving
- Preparing first aid and emergency supplies
- Knowing how to change a tire
- Getting a professional vehicle maintenance check
- Doing a visual check of your car – lights, etc – yourself
- Packing a single overnight bag should you stop at a hotel
- Rationing toys over time
- Keeping cells and such charged, and taking chargers with you
- Programming your cell with numbers for hotels, information, etc
- Having good sunglasses
However grand or simple your travel, what are your best tips for well-organized and stress-free travel? Please share them in the comments.
Note for Ultimate To-Do List Pack | Home & Family Edition & Ultimate To-Do List Membership customers: You have various packing lists, itineraries, budgets and expense records to help organize your travel in the Vacations & Activities category.