Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to express-organize the things you would like to achieve for yourself.
Not what you were expecting? Let’s give it a go anyway…
Day 23: Organize Your Goals
Step 1: Get a pen and paper or open a new document on your computer.
Step 2: Without over-thinking, quickly list 5 to 10 things you’d like to achieve in the next 6 months. Aim for a range of goals across personal/spiritual, home/family and career/business/financial areas.
- Lose 10 pounds
- Organize the spare room
- Get a promotion
- Spend regular one-on-one time with each of the kids
- Save money for a vacation
- Read inspirational books; etc.
Step 3: Choose your top goal. Now choose one action you will take this week to move closer to that goal.
- Lose 12 pounds –> Go for a walk after dinner three times this week
- Organize the spare room –> Call a charity to collect the boxes of old clothes in the spare room
- Get a promotion –> Talk to my boss about what I need to work on to earn a promotion.
Step 4: Choose a time this week when you will do this action, and put it into your diary for the assigned day and time. Good – now you’re committed!
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Choose additional actions you will take toward your top goal, and diarize these actions.
- Choose more goals, and diarize actions you will take toward these goals.
Doesn’t that feel motivating!
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Got a Question?
I’ll put together a special Q&A post and answer the questions for you.
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave your comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]