Happy Valentine’s Day everybody!
What’s your best relationship tip?
In honor of the day, and to round off this week’s little relationships series, here are 20 neat ideas for better relationships.
20 Ideas For Better Relationships
- Spend more time with the people who matter most.
- Let go of grudges.
- Do something every day for someone else.
- Speak your truth with kindness.
- Don’t put all your emotional eggs in one relationship basket.
- Know when to let people make their own mistakes and learn their own lessons.
- Don’t expect perfection – from yourself or others.
- Be a loyal friend.
- Listen with your ears and your heart.
- Let go of the need to be right.
- Think about what you’d miss if they weren’t around – and appreciate it now.
- Take responsibility for your own happiness.
- Accept that you can’t change anyone but yourself.
- Let yourself feel love how ever it’s expressed – whether with actions, what they say, or what they don’t say…
- Don’t expect others to do what you should do for yourself.
- Always be ready to offer a hug, a kind word, or a smile.
- Pick your battles and fight fair.
- Be quick to encourage and slow to criticize.
- Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
- Let your loved ones know you care.
Which is your favorite?
Which is your biggest challenge?
Do you have more tips to share?
11 thoughts on “20 Ideas For Better Relationships”
Be quick to encourage and slow to criticize. Hardest. I am going to be 50 this year and I have hated that part of myself forever. I work on it, but I am sure to others I still appear critical. I was raised that way and it is a very hard habit to break……but guess what? IT DOESN’T WORK TO BE CRITICAL 🙂
I’ve always found that being aware of something you want to change is a good first step. So nurture that awareness, Joni, and change may come. Good luck!
No way, you can’t be turning 50? Really? When? I know you don’t celebrat birthdays, but this one needs a big bottle of vino!
Amazing tips! use them 🙂
When I come home, or come to visit, MEET me at the door, it makes me feel like you are glad to see me. I’m glad to see you or I wouldn’t be there.
I love these! just want to print out and have my side all the time. thank you!
All of these are so wonderful:) But I think letting go of grudges is powerful. Tough to do sometimes, but frees up our energy for positive emotions and thoughts:)
It is tough! But I think you’re right – it frees up energy. And feels good!
This tip is true to heart…take responsibility for your own happiness! Hoping you are feeling loved & sharing love today ;o).