There is a lot to do in a normal day.
- Dishes need to be washed.
- Clothes need to be laundered.
- Beds need to be made.
- Floors need to be swept.
- Kids need to be fed, bathed and ready.
- Pets need to be fed, walked and played with.
- Extended family members need to be checked on, called or supported.
And some days, it’s overwhelming.
You probably think you’re doing the best you can.
The question is, can you do better?
Is it time for a change? Mix things up a bit and try something new.
Why not? You have nothing to lose yet you might gain a few more minutes in your day to do more of the things you wish you had time for.
Small Changes Can Make a Big Difference
Let’s look at some small changes to your lifestyle that can make a huge difference to the smooth-running of a busy day.
1. Get Up Earlier
That sounds dreadful, doesn’t it!
However, adding 15 more minutes to your morning routine can make a big difference.
2. Prepare The Night Before
You might need to iron clothes, pack bags or make lunches.
You could gather things you need the next day and leave it by the door so there’s no last minute search.
3. Identify & Eliminate Distractions
What distracts you from getting on with things?
- Newspapers or magazines at the breakfast table.
- Facebook or gaming notifications.
- Phone calls that really can be left unanswered because now is not a good time for you.
- Denial (of course I have time to watch TV even though I should be getting into the shower right now).
4. Go To Bed Before It Gets Too Late
No-one likes waking up tired. If you promise yourself an early night, then have one.
Your mental and physical health will thank you in the morning!
Make Progress & Reap Rewards
Make progress every minute, hour, day, week, month or year.
No matter which way you look at it, it’s a step forward from where you are right now and that’s a good thing.