Selling your home can be one of the most stressful things you have to do.
It might be that:
- You want to get the best price
- You want it to sell quickly
- You want to be able to move on without any dramas
- All of the above!
Get your home looking its best with these little tips.
Get Organized To Sell Your Home
Here’s a quick checklist to help get you thinking about best ways to up-sell your home.
What’s The Street Appeal?
If you’re in a house, take a look at the:
- Lawns and garden
- Pathway to the front door
- Front door
If you’re in an apartment, take a look at the:
- Main entry doorway
- Your actual front door
- Possible rubbish near entrances
- Communal areas for general cleanliness and tidiness.
Looking From The Inside Out
- Clean your windows
- Clean your curtains or dust your blinds
- Are there any eye-sores to see (when you look out the window) that can be easily fixed.
- Make living areas, kitchen and bedrooms as clutter-free and clean as possible
- Make your furniture sparkle. Even old furniture can benefit from a lick of paint or a good polish
- Look at your walls and target any peeling paint, crooked wall hangings or holes that can easily fixed.
- If budget allows, a new coat of paint really lifts a room
- Put your best linen on the bed in each room
- Flowers in the kitchen or candles in the bathroom can add a nice touch
- Some people like to set the scene. Set the dining table for example to show how great the space is. Or add a rug to the lounge area. Get creative!
- Address any carpet or flooring stains
- Clean and tidy litter boxes
- Some say to remove animals from the premises when your home is being showed. I would seek your realtor’s advice on that one.
- If you’re unsure if your home smells ask a neighbour or friend to come over for a “whiff” test!
Please add any of your own tips in the comments below.