Welcome to Mission #17 of our 52 Get Organized Missions.
Your bedroom is the place to which you retreat at the end of the day. Does it restore your calm and ease you into sleep, or evoke a mild sensation of panic?
If you need a bedroom intervention, you’re in the right place. We’re about to transform your bedroom into your private sanctuary.
If you’ve completed our previous mission (Get Organized Mission #16: Streamline Your Books, CD’s and DVD’s) then select one of those CD’s you’d forgotten about and enjoy listening to an old fave.
Remember: you only need 30 minutes for the basic mission. Extended Options are below.
If you’re new, you might like to start here: 52 Organizing Missions.
Get Organized Mission #17: Create Your Bedroom Sanctuary
Step 1: Remove the stressors
You may need to re-locate some of these items. If you don’t need them, donate, recycle or discard them.
Decide which of these detract from your sanctuary space, and remove them from your bedroom:
- Computers, printers, faxes
- Kids’ toys
- Exercise equipment
- Work projects
- Mobile phone
- Games consoles
- Laundry hamper
- Under-bad storage
- Too many books
- Too many magazines
- Excess furniture
- Excess clothes
- Unpleasant alarm.
Step 2: Add the relaxers
You may have to write a shopping list if you don’t have your desired relaxers on hand.
Decide which of these enhance your sanctuary space and add them to your bedroom:
- Enticing bed linen
- Fluffy pillows
- Cozy blankets and comforters
- Soft lamps
- Attractive window furnishings
- Pleasant bedtime reading
- Water glass and bottle
- A pleasant alarm
- Sleeping mask – if the sun disturbs you in the early morning
- Ear plugs – if you need them
- Scented candles or oil burner.
Dos & Don’ts
- Don’t feel you have to organize everything in your bedroom. This mission is simply about crating a lovely space for yourself.
- Do allow yourself a sense of pleasure, sensuality and fun in what you choose to add to your bedroom sanctuary.
Extended Organizing Mission Options
Want to go beyond this 30-minute organizing mission?
- Let the kids create bedroom environments that make them feel happy. It might even motivate them to new levels of tidiness!
- If you share your bed with someone else, this could be a wonderful opportunity to do this mission together and look for ways to add spice, romance or fun to your relationship.
Ready, Set, Go!
Remember – move quickly, act fast, don’t overthink.
Before You Go – Please Check In
Once you’ve completed this week’s Get Organized Mission please add a comment to let us know you’ve done your assignment and you’re keeping your commitment. To leave a comment: Scroll to the bottom of this post, where you’ll find a comment box waiting for you.
And see you back here next week!
Did You Know
You can get your weekly organizing mission delivered to your inbox.
Click here to sign up for 52 Organizing Missions.
23 thoughts on “Create Your Bedroom Sanctuary [Mission #17]”
Cleared some clutter and added a peaceful book and sudoku puzzle for next to bed. Looks better!
Pingback: Organized bed | Melkazone
some good ideas to put into practice