I’m making 12 fresh starts in 12 life areas over 12 days.
I don’t expect to succeed at everything, but I want to give a bunch of things a try. Come on and join me!
Day 1: Personal Development
Report: ✔ Still challenging, but now loving the tougher weights.
Day 2: Health & Fitness
My Day 2 Fresh Start was to give up Smith’s Cheese & Onion Chips – at least for September.
Report: ✔ Missing the chips but getting used to life without them. *scratches head* Huh.
Day 3: Career & Business
My Day 3 Fresh Start was to refresh my website’s home page.
Report: ✔ Trying out new home page. (Please leave a comment if you have any feedback.)
Day 4: Fun & Recreation
My Day 4 Fresh Start was to listen to more fun music, not just podcasts and audiobooks.
Report: ✔ Instituted ‘all-music/no-work iPod day’ on Fridays.
Day 5: Technology & Social Media
Day 6: Home
My Day 6 Fresh Start was to remove one of two printers from my home office.
Report: ✔ Love having my space back.
Day 7: Personal Presentation
My Day 7 Fresh Start was to focus on posture – holding shoulders back, core muscles in, and chin up.
Report: ✔✖ Finding it difficult to remember to do this. (I’ve gotten used to the ring I was using as a reminder.)
Day 8: Happiness
My Day 8 Fresh Start was to give up watching ‘poignant’, ‘tragic’ or ‘heart-wrenching’ movies.
Report: Nothing to report – haven’t had a movie night yet.
Day 9: Money & Finance
My Day 9 Fresh Start was to claim for gym membership from my health fund.
Report: ✔ Have done the groundwork and will get the paperwork at my next medical appointment.
Day 10: Relationships
Today my fresh start is from category 3 (see below): To do more of something.
I’ve made some lovely friends at the gym, but tend to just chat in passing when I’m there. From now, I’m going to stay and have coffee once a week, or schedule other times to see them.
I’ll let you know how I go tomorrow, when I make my eleventh fresh start – in the Time Management life area. See you then!
What About You?
Think of your own Relationships.
In what area could you:
- Start something new – or try something you haven’t done, read, or experienced before
- Give up something – maybe a habit that undermines you or an obligation that weighs you down
- Do more of something – be specific about ‘more’, but don’t be overly-ambitious
- Do less of something – be specific about ‘less’, but don’t be overly-ambitious
If you want inspiration, you might find some here:
- Good Relationships: 10 Tips To Make Sure You Never Have Them
- 5 People Who Aren’t Responsible For Your Happiness
- Organizing Q & A | How To Deal With OPD – Other People’s Disorganization: My Top 3 Tips
I hope you’ll choose something and join me!