A more recent update of this blog can be found here.
Your iPod, CD player or car stereo is a veritable vault of education, motivation, fun, and relaxation.
All it takes is a little organization to liberate the goodies. You’ll upgrade your knowledge, make better use of your time and improve your mood.
Organize Your Music
They say that music is food for the soul. Well, how about a little lyrical nourishment?
Decide on the kind of music you want to listen to. Choices could include:
- upbeat to boost your mood
- classical to chill you out
- high-energy to power your workouts.
Mine your CDS – your own and maybe your kids’ – for songs to rip to your MP3 player or to make a ‘mixtape’ CD.
Organize Your Audiobooks
Don’t forget to feed your brain, too. Audiobooks are a convenient way to take in stimulating or educational works while doing housework, working out, waiting for your bus or flight, or doing mindless errands.
Decide on the books you’d like to listen to. Choices could include:
- classic works you’ve always wanted to read
- business or motivational titles
- new releases by today’s big thinkers.
Organize Your Podcasts
For short, current grabs on almost any topic, subscribe to podcasts. They’re free, and iTunes has more than 100,000 to choose from.
Organize Your Playlists
Create playlists to match your moods. Here are some ideas:
- Select upbeat tracks, perhaps with a couple of slower ones at the end for your cool-down and stretch, or create your own interval training playlist
- Choose songs that make you want to dance, smile or sing along
- It can be comforting to have a playlist for times when you just want to feel sorry for yourself – but I suggest keeping this playlist short. 🙂
- Fill this list with songs that inspire you – and use it to fire yourself up when you want a burst of encouragement
- Here you want music that gets you in a party mood – excellent accompaniment while dressing for a party
And with that, you’ve transformed your iPod, CD player or car into your own personal learning and pleasure machine!
Your iPod Worksheet
This worksheet is from my Life & Goal Organizer Program.[drain file 736 show blog_right]
What’s on your MP3 player? How do you organize it? Please share any tips in the comments!