Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to express-organize your garage (yes, I’m serious!).
Remember: clarity, freedom, and order. Let’s begin.
Day 10: Organize Your Garage
Step 1: Get a large box or bag (you may need several). Quickly scan your garage and toss into your box/bag any:
- Outgrown toys and clothes (if sorting through boxes for donate-able items is an obstacle to getting it done, then simply toss it all)
- Ancient seasonal items, holiday decorations, etc
- Rusty or broken tools
- Rusty or broken gardening implements
- Rusty or broken garden furniture
- Prehistoric gardening supplies
- Memorabilia (unless it’s genuinely meaningful to you – and if it’s been gathering dust out here for decades, then let’s be honest, it probably isn’t)
- Stuff from when you last moved that’s never been unpacked (if you haven’t opened it you don’t need it)
- Notes and books from school, college, etc
- Accoutrement for abandoned hobbies, sports and interests (if you take it up again, buy what you need afresh; it will cost you less overall when you take stress, clutter and mental clarity into account)
- Anything you haven’t used in the past 12 months.
Step 2: Pop your boxes/bags into the trash or take them the car for a trip to the tip.
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Consider whether you want to install shelving, hooks, etc, to better organize your garage space.
- Make a note to buy shelves, hooks, and supplies, and/or or to contact a handyman.
Now isn’t that a beautiful thing?
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave a comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]