No products in the cart.
Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In todayâ€™s 5 minutes weâ€™re going to express-organize your garage (yes, Iâ€™m serious!).
Remember: clarity, freedom, and order. Letâ€™s begin.
Day 10: Organize Your Garage
Step 1: Get a large box or bag (you may need several). Quickly scan your garage and toss into your box/bag any:
- Outgrown toys and clothes (if sorting through boxes for donate-able items is an obstacle to getting it done, then simply toss it all)
- Ancient seasonal items, holiday decorations, etc
- Rusty or broken tools
- Rusty or broken gardening implements
- Rusty or broken garden furniture
- Prehistoric gardening supplies
- Memorabilia (unless itâ€™s genuinely meaningful to you â€“ and if itâ€™s been gathering dust out here for decades, then letâ€™s be honest, it probably isnâ€™t)
- Stuff from when you last moved thatâ€™s never been unpacked (if you havenâ€™t opened it you donâ€™t need it)
- Notes and books from school, college, etc
- Accoutrement for abandoned hobbies, sports and interests (if you take it up again, buy what you need afresh; it will cost you less overall when you take stress, clutter and mental clarity into account)
- Anything you havenâ€™t used in the past 12 months.
Step 2:Â Pop your boxes/bags into the trash or take them the car for a trip to the tip.
And youâ€™re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Consider whether you want to install shelving, hooks, etc, to better organize your garage space.
- Make a note to buy shelves, hooks, and supplies, and/or or to contact a handyman.
Now isnâ€™t that a beautiful thing?
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Donâ€™t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Belowâ€¦
Please leave a comment below to say youâ€™ve completed todayâ€™s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]