Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to express-organize your shoes.
We want clarity, freedom, and order. Now let’s create them!
Day 11: Organize Your Shoes
Step 1: Get a large bag. Quickly scanning your footwear, throw into the bag any shoes or boots that:
- Are tatty, broken, or in poor condition
- Are tragically out of style
- Are ill-fitting or uncomfortable
- Don’t go with your clothes, taste, or lifestyle.
Step 2: Do a second scan for anything that needs repair. If you know you’ll never get around to the repair, then pop these items straight into your bag. Otherwise, put them aside for later attention.
Step 3: Put your bag by the door or take it straight out to the car. (Really good stuff should go to charity, but let the rest go into the trash.)
Step 4: Do a quick tidy of your remaining shoes and boots.
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Look over the outfits in your closet. Would particular items of footwear help you get more out of your wardrobe? For example, for girls:
– Do you have several evening outfits but no good evening shoes?
– Could you get more looks from your jeans if had boots to tuck your jeans into?
– Would platform heels allow you to dress up existing outfits?
– Would ballet flats allow you to dress down existing outfits?
– Would some black or brown lace-up shoes look better for work?
– Sorry guys – I’m out.
- Add the shoes you need to your clothes shopping list.
As if you needed an excuse to go shoe shopping!
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave a comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]