Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to express-declutter the cabinets in your bathroom.
As usual, inhale a sense of clarity, freedom and order, then let’s get to it!
Day 4: Declutter Your Bathroom Cabinets
Step 1: Grab a large garbage bag.
Step 2: Open up your bathroom cabinets and, quickly scanning from top left to bottom right, toss into the bag:
- Medicines past their expiration date*
- Medicines for conditions that no longer apply*
- Old, expired or yucky toiletries
- Old, expired or yucky make-up
- Old, expired or yucky bath/shower products
- Ancient or dirty hairbrushes and combs
- Old perfumes and lotions
- Empty or mildewed bottles
- Anything gross or unpleasant to use
- Anything that hasn’t been used in the past 12 months.
Step 3: Throw your bag straight into the trash. Euw!
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Refresh your first-aid supplies:
– Make a list of items you need for a first-aid kit – including bandages, medicines, antiseptics and other emergency supplies appropriate for your family’s needs
– Check your bathroom cabinet for missing items and add these to your shopping list.
- Take everything out of your cabinets, wipe down the shelves, and return everything neatly.
- Rearrange your cabinets so that:
– Similar things are together (eg all oral care items are together), and
– Most commonly used items are most easily accessible.
Now don’t you just want to admire those cabinets?
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave a comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you back here tomorrow!
* Note: Most drugs can be thrown in the household trash, but consumers should take certain precautions before tossing them out, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
[Image by aussiegall]
327 thoughts on “30-Day Organize-athon | Day 4: Declutter Your Bathroom Cabinets”
Good grief! I had a whole bag of things that I no longer needed out of my bathroom cabinet! Lol. Who knew? Caught this task up today….now onto the next one! <3
LOL Cortney – I love it when that happens!
I worked on the master bathroom, because the other one wasn’t really cluttered.(I had worked on it a month ago). Got rid of a grocery bag full of stuff. 🙂
Good lovah! I try to do this once every 6 mos. Then I bring useable stuff into work and trade it with coworkers.
Good one Jackie! 🙂
OK, that took me a long time as I have 3 bathrooms and way too much pampering stuff, never mind the medicine and first aid cupboard and all the vitamins! Anyway I do now feel that is all decluttered, except for my make up which was down as a “to do” from clearing my bedside area when I completed that (as it is in my bedside cabinet)! Another tick to the list…
I love that decluttered feeling Amanda. 🙂