Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to express-declutter the cabinets in your bathroom.
As usual, inhale a sense of clarity, freedom and order, then let’s get to it!
Day 4: Declutter Your Bathroom Cabinets
Step 1: Grab a large garbage bag.
Step 2: Open up your bathroom cabinets and, quickly scanning from top left to bottom right, toss into the bag:
- Medicines past their expiration date*
- Medicines for conditions that no longer apply*
- Old, expired or yucky toiletries
- Old, expired or yucky make-up
- Old, expired or yucky bath/shower products
- Ancient or dirty hairbrushes and combs
- Old perfumes and lotions
- Empty or mildewed bottles
- Anything gross or unpleasant to use
- Anything that hasn’t been used in the past 12 months.
Step 3: Throw your bag straight into the trash. Euw!
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Refresh your first-aid supplies:
– Make a list of items you need for a first-aid kit – including bandages, medicines, antiseptics and other emergency supplies appropriate for your family’s needs
– Check your bathroom cabinet for missing items and add these to your shopping list.
- Take everything out of your cabinets, wipe down the shelves, and return everything neatly.
- Rearrange your cabinets so that:
– Similar things are together (eg all oral care items are together), and
– Most commonly used items are most easily accessible.
Now don’t you just want to admire those cabinets?
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave a comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you back here tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]