Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to express-organize your bed linen, towels, and table linen.
Think: clarity, freedom, and order. Let’s start.
Day 8: Organize Your Bed Linen, Towels, & Table Linen
Step 1: Get a large bag (you may need to buy more bags soon!) and open up your linen shelves. Moving quickly from top left to bottom right, toss out any:
- Sheets and pillowcases that are old, stained or tatty
- Towels that are old, stained or tatty
- Tablecloths that are old, stained or tatty
- Napery that is old, stained or tatty
- Blankets that are old, stained or tatty
- Quilts that are old, stained or tatty
- Bed linen, table linen and towels that are surplus to your general needs (allow for guests and keep a couple of old towels for spills and leaks).
Step 2: If something is really lovely, and can be rejuvenated by laundering or dry cleaning, and you’re certain you’re happy to make the effort, then put it into a separate bag. It’s unlikely anything else will be donation-worthy, except perhaps excess table linen that’s in good condition.
Step 3: Pop your bag(s) into the trash and/or take to the car for dry cleaning/donation.
Step 4: Do a quick re-order of your linen closet to make better use of the newly liberated space.
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Check your pillows – do you need to update them? If so, add pillows to your shopping list.
- Organize your linens with the main fold facing out, toward you. It looks much nicer this way.
- If you have an attractive table, consider dispensing with tablecloths altogether in favor of placemats. You’ll save on storage space and laundry.
Now don’t you just want to admire your beautiful linen closet?
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave a comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]