How do you manage your daily to-do list? How do you organize your ideas and notes?
Diary? Notebook? App? Software? Other?
Over the past week I’ve been getting frisky with Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion. And I’ve discovered some cool productivity tools.
- Notes – Add text, images, ideas, links, lists…
- Reminders – Make lists of tasks and to-dos with due-date and location prompts
- iCloud – Get simple synchronization across devices (for me: Silas – my Mac; Tyrion – my Air; and Lorelai – my iPhone)
- Dictation – Press Fn twice and start talking, baby!
- Notification Centre – Swipe to see what’s going on for you, including reminders, calendar alerts, even tweets.
The new features are going to change the way I manage my workday.
I’m highly visual and what I can’t see, I never think about. I need priorities to be right in front of me.
I have great ideas, but crappy systems for capturing them (usually indecipherable post-its – Htgd maler podyhp?)
But now, my computer screen (it’s large!) has open:
- My browser (Chrome) or word-processor (Word), depending on what project I’m working on
As I work, I can see and check off to-do items from Reminders.
As I work, I can capture ideas, images, and links in Notes.
And everything is automatically synced to my Air and iPhone, so that wherever I am and whatever device I’m using, I have one place for my tasks and one place for my notes.
I love it!
How Do You Organize Your To-Dos, Ideas, And Notes?
What’s your system for time management, organizing notes and ideas, and personal productivity?
Is it working well for you?
What could improve it?