A mantra is a word, sound or statement repeated frequently in order to aid concentration. It originates from Hinduism and Buddhism where it is used frequently in meditation.
If you could adopt one mantra to help you get and stay organized, what would it be? A simple mantra to live by that would improve your personal, home, or office organization.
Our favorite mantra here at Get Organized Wizard is “Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go.” It’s simple and easy to act on.
There are many other mantras that get people motivated or inspired to act. Some of the more common ones include:
- A place for everything, and everything in its place
- If you want something different you must do something different
- File, don’t pile
- Finish today before starting tomorrow
- Done is better than perfect
- Function before form
- OCI-OGO (One Comes In – One Goes Out)
- Make space in your life for what matters
- You can have results or excuses, not both
- Don’t agonize, organize!
- Clutter is nothing more than postposed decisions
- Start where you are. Do what you can. Use what you have.
- If in doubt, throw it out
- Love it or lose it.
Do you think the simple act of repeating a mantra can really produce results? Some say that the repetition creates focus and keeps you from being distracted. It allows you to have a fall back principle should something divert you away from your purpose.
For example clearing clutter from your attic or loft is sure to uncover items that will flood you with memories. Remembering your mantra will help you make good declutter decisions when your judgement starts to cloud & emotions take over.
Having a mantra can boost your confidence and efficiency. It can be the difference between activity & inactivity when faced with daily stresses. Consider it like being on auto-pilot. The more you live true to your mantra, the better you will make productive decisions.
What is your best organizing mantra that keeps your life in order and stress-free?