Do you feel you want to change your life?
Like you need to shake things up, do something different, feel different?
You don’t have to sign up for a week-long intensive workshop, buy a library of self-help books, or commit to some dramatic gesture in order to start change happening in your life. You don’t have to overhaul everything all at once.
Instead, you can start simple and change something small, and let this permeate your life. A small, positive change can bring new results, which can inspire you to make more changes.
It might be just the spark you need to get positive momentum happening.
Just choose your change and you’re good to go.
1. Will You START Something?
Pick something you’ve been thinking of adding to your life. Remember – not too dramatic!
Here are some ideas:
- Start writing in a journal
- Start taking a different route to work
- Start keeping a glass and bottle of water on your desk
- Start saying I’m great! when people ask how you are.
2. Will You STOP Something?
No, not giving up your 2-packs-a-day habit. Something extremely doable.
- Stop checking email first thing in the morning
- Stop watching a TV show you don’t love
- Stop eating white bread
- Stop dropping your stuff all over the living room when you get home.
3. Will You Do LESS Of Something?
If there’s something you’d like to stop, but you’re not ready to go cold turkey, then take an interim step and cut down.
- If you usually have 3 glasses of wine with dinner, have 2
- If you usually hit snooze twice, hit it once
- Take a shorter shower
- Buy less stuff when you go shopping.
4. Will You Do MORE Of Something?
Look for something that’s good – and do more.
- Add an extra run/walk/class to your exercise schedule
- Go to bed 20 minutes earlier and get more sleep
- Smile more
- Give more compliments (but make them genuine).
What Will You Change?
I like this way of making a change because it’s simple, and avoids over-thinking, and keeps you out of analysis paralysis.
So what about you?
What will you start, stop, do less of, or do more of?