This week’s blog is brought to you from one of our most supportive members, Terry.
Terry is a long-time member of the Get Organized Wizard community. She leads a small group at her local community center through the Get Organized Wizard programs, helping others to simplify their life and be happier.
We thank Terry and her group for their wonderful contributions to Get Organized Wizard.
Master to Do List Christmas Organizing Checklist
￼￼Purchase Gifts or Give a Homemade Gift
- Make a list of names you are purchasing a gift or baking a gift
- Shop early and watch for sales
- Purchase wrapping paper or use cloth bags lined with tissue paper
- Check to make sure your Christmas bulbs all work; replace burnt out bulbs
- Wreaths, ornaments and mistletoe
Buy a Real Tree
- For those people with allergies purchase a fake tree to be used over and over again
Decorate Tree with Tinsel, Bulbs and Ornaments
- Throw out any tatty decorations from previous years and add new sparkly decorations to your collection
Buy/Order Christmas Cards or Create a Newsletter
- Create a Christmas card list
- Keep your list small
- Keep your list updated
- Keep the card simple
- Sign the cards
- Address the envelopes
- Mail cards early – start mailing after Thanksgiving
- Attach Christmas card to the gifts you will see of friends/extended family/family & deliver personally
- Create your holiday menu
- Ingredients to shop for [main meals, snacks, baking, desserts]
- Keep it simple & within your skill set
Family Christmas Traditions:
- Special movies
- See the lights
- Holiday festival
- Visit Santa
- Bake cookies
- Cookies for Santa
Set Your Financial Limit and Stay Within This Limit.
- It’s not what you purchase or make, it’s the thought that counts.
Share Your Own ideas
Got your own blog?
If you have your own blog that lists great ways to help people get and stay organized, feel free to drop a link in the comments below.
If you’re a bit of a wordsmith, feel free to email me your own guest post. We might post it to our site!
Don’t Forget Our Christmas Planners
Our Christmas Planners are FREE – get them here.