Do you ever wonder if you have the right genetic makeup to be organized?
We often talk about whether being organized is a skill or inherent. A previous Get Organized Wizard article focused on 10 Things Organized People DO Every Day.
Every day! These are tasks that people do consistently to help their day run smoothly.
But what else helps?
Well, there is a theory. Robert J Sternberg conducted research based on human intelligence. This theory looked at how well an individual deals with environmental changes throughout their lifespan.
“Successfully intelligent people discern their strengths and weaknesses, and then figure out how to capitalize on their strengths, and to compensate for or remediate their weaknesses.” Robert J Sternberg
Sternberg’s Triarchic Theory of Intelligence
Sternberg’s Triarchic Theory of Intelligence comprises three components:
- Practical Intelligence – relates to how you react to your environment and your ability to adapt to it or change it to suit your needs.
- Creative Intelligence – relates to the way a person approaches new information or a new task.
- Analytical Intelligence – relates to how a person processes and analyses information.
Today we are going to look at Practical Intelligence.
Traits of People With Practical Intelligence
Traits of people with high practical intelligence include:
- They can distinguish between important and non-important tasks.
- They plan ahead and avoid deviations to that plan.
- If the plan gets interrupted they are able to steer their day back on track.
- Priorities are important to them and they will ensure they are completed.
- Problem solving is a skill they have mastered. Plan B is always in the back of their mind.
- They enlist the support of the right people, resources or equipment to achieve their goal.
- They are disciplined and not easily distracted.
- They love learning. They are open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
What Does This Mean For You?
How did you fare with the traits above?
Take a minute to write down the traits you think you lack and how you can improve your focus.
Work on one of these traits each week and see how a small change can make a big difference.
I’d love to hear how you go about this exercise. Please share your experience with us.
7 thoughts on “The Practicalities of Highly Organized People”
What is a very organized person called?
Nice post great information thank you so much.
That was such an awesome content to read and going through it.Thanks for such a good information
Thank u for Sharing this Information. For more cashback Offers And cashback coupons just ping me
It is shown your skill of explaining the topic very well so that it will give clear understanding. I appreciate your writing method topic by topic.
I have shared your post to my FB Group and at Sarkari Naukri Jobs
Thank you For tutorials on Testing and the also the other tutorials on Blog are Awosme, It will be Most Usefull For Fresher and Students
I believe it depends on the situation or subject at hand. If your talking about organizing or computer classes I can show you and talk up a storm. Creativity is in the eye of the beholder. I have found that people with high IQ’s or I call them a walking encyclopedia have no common sense. I had an aunt like this. She could read a book and recite every word but had no common sense when it came every day ordinary situations.