Expanding your comfort zone is one of those things you can’t help doing once you make the decision.
The trick is to think ahead about the areas where you want to grow.
Choose a growth area and you’ll start to notice opportunities – then you just need to give yourself a little encouragement to take one small step at a time.
Ideas for expanding your comfort zone
- Speaking up in meetings
- Wearing more interesting clothes
- Going somewhere new
- Starting a conversation with someone
- Seeing a different kind of movie
- Reading a book from an unfamiliar genre
- Going to a restaurant with cuisine you’ve never tried
- Traveling to a new holiday destination
- Shopping somewhere different
- Changing the order in which you do things
- Trying a new brand of something – anything!
- Doing something different at the gym
- Switching radio stations
- Buying music from a new artist or genre
Open yourself up to new things and you’ll find that as your comfort zone expands, so too does your confidence. Just be gentle with yourself!
In what areas would you like to expand your comfort zone?
Image by Yemisi Blake
2 thoughts on “Personal Development: Getting Organized to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone”
Wonderful list for keeping life interesting, Michele. I tend to be pretty outgoing and adventurous anyway, but the older we get, the more tempting it is to stick to routine. Have taken on a couple of new & challenging projects in the past year, and just met several new people last night at a party; looking forward to meeting a few more at a charity event at the end of the month– so I guess I’m not getting toooo staid!
I am go to get out of my comfort zone by signing up for a jewellery making course at my local village hall. For me this is a big thing on it something new i would like to make jewellery and wear my own creations, an the second one is to make new friends as i have just moved to wales in the 8 months i am a shy person and hard for me to make new friends thank you for all your ideas