Do you feel stuck in a relationship rut? Immobilized in your business or career? At a loss as to why you can’t lose weight?
Are you also surrounded by clutter?
If so, you might be caught in a clutter trap.
Don’t underestimate the power of clutter to stop you from moving forward in important areas of your life. It can confuse you, sap your energy and sabotage the actions you want to take.
Here are 3 shocking ways that clutter can hold you back from the life you want.
3 Clutter Traps
You may be caught in a relationship clutter trap if you answer yes to any of these questions.
Do you avoid inviting people over because of the clutter in your house?
Are you putting off meeting someone new until you get your life organized?
Does the mess in your house make you feel unworthy of good relationships?
You may be caught in a career clutter trap if you answer yes to any of these questions.
Are you habitually late for work or meetings because you can’t find something?
Do you miss deadlines because things fall between the cracks?
Do the piles of paper on your desk leave you feeling exhausted and unmotivated?
3. Weight Loss
You may be caught in a weight-loss clutter trap if you answer yes to any of these questions.
Do you invariably reach for junk food because your kitchen’s too messy for preparing anything better?
Does the clutter in your life leave you feeling too tired and irritable to exercise?
Do you comfort-eat to avoid feeling bad about your clutter?
If you’ve identified that you’re caught in a clutter trap in one of these important areas, congratulations! You no longer have to wrestle blindly with the problem – now you can focus on the solution.
And the solution is simple: get rid of your clutter!
There are plenty of posts here at Get Organized Wizard to help you tackle your clutter, including:
- Are You, or is Someone You Love, a Hoarder?
- Hoarding: 7 Lies That Keep You Caught In Clutter
- Declutter Your Life – Get More Energy
- 5 Home Organization Strategies for Busy People
- The One Thing You Must Do If You Want To Get Organized
- Simplify Your Life Quick Tip: Have a Ready-For-Donation Basket
- Home Organization: My Very Best Life-Changing Tip For A Clutter-Free Home
- Getting Organized Quick Tip: How To Short-Circuit Perfectionism and Procrastination
- Declutter Your Life and Home
- Organize Your Living Room for Holiday Entertaining: 15 Targets for Clutter Blindness
- Any of the 30-minute organizing missions in our popular program, 52 Organizing Missions.
But do something! Please don’t let clutter hold you back from the life you want.