Welcome to the 30-Day Organize-athon!
In today’s 5 minutes we’re going to express-organize your surfaces.
Ready? Let’s start.
Day 25: Declutter Your Surfaces
Step 1: Decide which surfaces you want to tackle in today’s 5 minutes. Depending on the state of your surfaces, you could choose to declutter one or more of the following:
- Kitchen counters
- Dining table
- Coffee table and side tables
- Bookshelves/display cabinets
- Sofas and armchairs
- Home office desk and filing cabinet
- Bathroom vanities
- Entry hall table/consoles.
Step 2: Quickly clear your selected surface(s) by:
- Discarding anything you don’t use or love (a little ruthlessness will earn you lovely, uncluttered surfaces that look great and make you feel wonderful)
- Putting away things that have a home
- Finding a home for things that don’t (if you’re struggling to find a home for something, consider tossing it instead).
And you’re done!
Got an Extra 5 Minutes?
- Repeat step 2 for another surface – or several!
- Wipe down your freshly decluttered surface so it gleams.
Now doesn’t that look and feel fabulous!
The 30-Day Organize-athon Mantra
Move fast. Don’t overthink. Let it go!
Got a Question?
I’ll put together a special Q&A post and answer the questions for you.
Leave Your Comment Below…
Please leave your comment below to say you’ve completed today’s task.
See you tomorrow!
[Image by aussiegall]