More than 1200 people are signed up and completing the 21-Day Simplify Your Life Challenge.
It’s exciting to read the comments and see the pictures as people make small changes that can have a big impact on their lives.
Here are some of the discoveries so far that people have found surprising:
- Knowing where to start is often the hardest part. That’s right – not doing the hard thing, but knowing where to begin in doing the hard thing. Days #3, #4, #7, #8.
- Perfectionism steals our time and our minds. We can think it’s a cute trait but it’s really a life killer, bogging us down in things that don’t matter and – much worse – keeping us away from things that do. Day #5
- We don’t always spend our time on what we say we truly care about. We have to keep reminding ourselves about what our true priorities are, or they get overrun by the everyday. Day #2
- We often have psychological blocks that stand in the way of getting rid of clutter. Facing the blocks and dealing with the truth can free us to let stuff go. Day #6
- The less mental clutter coming into our lives, the better we feel. And this clutter is easy to remove. Day #11
- Getting rid of our stuff is nothing compared to dealing with Other People’s Stuff (OPS). If what we’ve been saying or doing hasn’t worked, then we need to try other strategies. Day #9
- Doing something little every day – whether a decision made or a task completed – can add up to a transformed attitude over time.
And we’re only up to day 12!
There are many people going at their own pace. It’s not too late to join us and simplify your own life.
5 thoughts on “7 Surprising Things From The Simplify Your Life Challenge”
Cannot believe how much garbage you can bag in 30 minutes. Most of my winter clothes all gone now. I bagged 5 garbage bags full of clothes. Not bad. Feeling good. Going to do another 30 minutes and see what I throw out from my linnen closet, and both my bathrooms.
I know, right? It’s a long time when you have focus and determination. Great job Lakshmi.
I can’t login to the challenge! I paid through PayPal. I went to the URL on the.pdf page that I downloaded after I paid (http://www.getorganizedwizard.com/my-account/21-day-simplify-your-lifechallenge/) and I get a “page not found” message. I haven’t been receiving any e-mails about the 21 day challenge—wasn’t I suppose to receive e-mails directly? How in the heck do I login to this?
Hi Melissa. I’m not sure what’s happened to your link but there’s a hyphen missing. Click here, log in, and you’re good to go: http://www.getorganizedwizard.com/my-account/21-day-simplify-your-life-challenge/
PS You can sign up for reminder emails on that page.
And if you have trouble logging in check here: http://www.getorganizedwizard.com/question/i-cant-access-my-task/