More than 1200 people are signed up and completing the 21-Day Simplify Your Life Challenge.
It’s exciting to read the comments and see the pictures as people make small changes that can have a big impact on their lives.
Here are some of the discoveries so far that people have found surprising:
- Knowing where to start is often the hardest part. That’s right – not doing the hard thing, but knowing where to begin in doing the hard thing. Days #3, #4, #7, #8.
- Perfectionism steals our time and our minds. We can think it’s a cute trait but it’s really a life killer, bogging us down in things that don’t matter and – much worse – keeping us away from things that do. Day #5
- We don’t always spend our time on what we say we truly care about. We have to keep reminding ourselves about what our true priorities are, or they get overrun by the everyday. Day #2
- We often have psychological blocks that stand in the way of getting rid of clutter. Facing the blocks and dealing with the truth can free us to let stuff go. Day #6
- The less mental clutter coming into our lives, the better we feel. And this clutter is easy to remove. Day #11
- Getting rid of our stuff is nothing compared to dealing with Other People’s Stuff (OPS). If what we’ve been saying or doing hasn’t worked, then we need to try other strategies. Day #9
- Doing something little every day – whether a decision made or a task completed – can add up to a transformed attitude over time.
And we’re only up to day 12!
There are many people going at their own pace. It’s not too late to join us and simplify your own life.