We talk a lot about ways to simplify your life, stay organized, keep overwhelm at bay and in general, make your life as enjoyable as possible with minimal stress.
A recent Facebook post however got me thinking about all the little things we do to avoid housework. Or make it look like we’re doing something, yet we’re actually not!
Sometimes you just want to curl up on the lounge with a good book and let the housework wait.
So let’s be cheeky this week and consider a few shortcuts to a tidy household:
- Don’t feel like folding laundry? Restart the dryer.
- Only vacuum the areas where people walk.
- Put the dishes in the drying rack. Reuse the dishes in the drying rack without putting them away first.
- Someone dropping in at short notice? Grab your laundry basket and collect things that are out of place. Put the basket into the laundry and close the door.
- Spray air freshener. If the place smells clean, it must be clean, right!
What shortcut tips can you add to this list?
7 thoughts on “5 Tips For Avoiding Housework”
Purchase clothes that are drip dry and eliminate ironing. Spraying air freshener to give a clean smell does not mean your home is tidy/clean.
This all sounds perfectly sensible to me and makes for a happy houseperson
And always remember that “done” is better than “perfect.”
Be sure the bathroom is clean when company comes. It’s the only place they will be alone and have time to look around and see what kind of housekeeper you are.
Pick up everything in the liviing “public” areas and put it in your bedroom and shut thd door. Oops! Lol!
5 minutes around your house with a Clorox disinfecting wipe can work wonders. Looks clean, smells clean, now you’ve earned some free time 🙂
All done, all good-;#