We had some fun this week on the Facebook page after I posted an image of a very cool looking storage system for high heels. If you missed the post you can catch up here.
Some suggested keeping your shoes in a pile on the floor. Lol. Others suggested clear plastic boxes that stack neatly.
It got me thinking about other clever ideas that can be used to keep our shoes neat and tidy:
- The cubes bookcase system that you often see used for kids play areas. Perfect for showcasing your Jimmy Choo’s!
- A stand-alone wardrobe in the garage to store sporting shoes and gum boots.
- Over the door shoe racks, for homes with limited space. You can get some racks that meet the full length of the door. That would mean storage for 36+ pairs of shoes!
- Arrange your shoes in a bookcase. You can place each shoe alternatively (heel then toe) to create more space.
- Hang them up – like the way they hang flip-flops in some shoe stores.
I tend to store my shoes in the box they came in and keep them neatly stacked in my wardrobe. It was pointed out to me recently how unhygienic it is to keep your shoes in your wardrobe. Box or no box. The reasoning was that we tend to step in all kinds of dirt and grime while we’re out, only to come home and either store our shoes lovingly in a box or line them up on the floor.
Hmmm. If the shoes were noticeably dirty, I would wipe them over before putting them away. But otherwise, it’s back into the box you go! What do you think about that?
Storing your shoes in your wardrobe – is this unhygienic?
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.
Why not join us today for our 30-Day Organization – Day 11: Organize Your Shoes
4 thoughts on “How to organize your shoes!”
I love the collections of shoes that you have listened inside this post, I was searching for a nice shoe for my morning exercise that is how I ran into your website.
Thanks for providing such an article like this one and I believe that whosoever is also looking for sporting shoes will find his or she self on your blog. Thanks once more.
I would like to see Best crossfit shoes guide
This is great for people with lots of shoes. I only own two pairs of shoes and one pair of boots. When I was a teenager I had lots of shoes in various colors.
I don’t have that many shoe to organize. I would like to see yan organization. I have a lot!