Mess can be defined a few ways:
1. A cluttered, untidy, usually dirty place or condition: The lounge room was a mess.
2. Something that is disorderly or dirty, as an accumulation or heap: Who left the mess on the bedroom floor?
If your weekly clean up involves both having to tidy and clean at the same time, you are adding so much more time to the chore.
With so many services and tools these days to help us create clean spaces, some of us still struggle to change our behavior and establish benchmarks that would make life so much easier.
Think about these small benchmarks to live by:
- Every time I take my shoes off, I’ll put them in the shoe rack
- Instead of leaving my coffee cup at the sink, I’ll put it straight into the dishwasher
- I’ll wipe down the bathroom bench top every morning to stop it from getting grubby.
These small changes in behavior mean that come cleaning day, you:
- are not left with a big pile of dishes to wash and put away before you even start cleaning the kitchen
- your shoes are already neat and tidy, and you don’t need to pick them up before you start vacuuming
- the bathroom bench top doesn’t need a deep clean every week because you have been looking after it daily.
Why You Can’t & Won’t Organize Your Stuff
That’s what it really boils down to, it’s your choice. You can’t or you won’t organize your things.
You can’t because:
- you don’t know how to
- you think you’ll be distracted
- you don’t know where to start.
And you won’t because:
- You don’t feel like it (today, tomorrow, ever)
- You don’t care enough to make it a priority.
We Have All the Tools To Help You
Yes we do!
We provide step-by-step guides in our programs to help you take action. It’s actually kinda fun! And the result is satisfying, and often life-changing!
We can get you started with:
- Home Organization
- Office Organization
- Life Organization
- Productivity & Time Management Organization
- Business Management Organization
More than 80,000 people around the world use our programs to get rid of clutter, be more productive, take charge of business or career, and manage their life.
The Secret To The Tools Is This
All the tools and programs in the world will only be effective if you’re ready to change your behavior.
What does this actually mean? It means you need to:
- Start something
- Stop something
- Do less of something
- Do more of something.
If you’re serious about clearing up the mess, what will you change?