Long term supporter Terry provides positive thought strategies that can help improve your mental health.
Positive Thinking is the Key for Health Happiness & Success
With so much negativity and violence in the world let’s focus being a positive thinker and get 2020 off to a good start.
The self-help book, The Power of Positive Thinking, was published in 1952 by Norman Vincent Peale. He makes use of positive case histories which are practical instructions to propose the method of positive thinking.
Stop negative self-talk in order to reduce stress.
Positive thinking helps with stress management and can improve your health.
Here are some suggestions to help you stay a positive thinker:
- Start your day with a positive affirmation: Today is going to be an awesome day.
- Make a list good things in your life: No matter how small they are.
- Turn your failures into lessons: Learn from your mistakes.
- Transform negative thinking into positive thinking.
- Focus on the present: I am in charge of my life.
- Find positive friends, relatives, neighbors and co-workers.
- Eliminate negative people from your life: That includes relatives.
- Give people compliments.
- Write 5 or more things you like about yourself.
- Be kind. When you’re out walking say hello or simply acknowledge strangers with a nod to see their reaction.
Here are some suggestions to stay positive:
- Look for the good in your life.
- Count your blessings.
- Put a smile on your face.
- Be happy around people.
- Practice gratitude.
- Meditate for 20 minutes a day.
- Multitask goals: friendships and exercise. Walk with a walking buddy at least 3 times a week for up to 30 minutes.
The health benefits of positive thinking may apply:
- Longer life span
- Lowers your rate for depression
- Lowers your level for distress
- Greater resistance for common colds
- Healthier well being
- Better coping skills during hardships and stressful times.
The benefits of positive thinking:
- Better stress management
- Better Health
- Better Decision Making
- Increases your focus
- Improves your time management
- More success in your life
- Attracts more good things to your life
- Less fear
- A happier life for you.
“Life is not all fun and easy going. Far from it; there are many rough times. But, sadly, we too often let the hard times dull our enthusiasm. And that is dangerous, if not fatal, to our lives.” Norman Vincent Peale.
It’s time to take charge of your life in a positive way for you to have a healthier happier life always!
Make this your goal for the year 2020.