I’m making 12 fresh starts in 12 life areas over 12 days.
I don’t expect to succeed at everything, but I want to give a bunch of things a try. Come join me!
Day 1: Personal Development
Report: ✔ Still challenging, but now loving the tougher weights.
Day 2: Health & Fitness
My Day 2 Fresh Start was to give up Smith’s Cheese & Onion Chips – at least for September.
Report: ✔ Missing the chips but getting used to life without them.
Day 3: Career & Business
My Day 3 Fresh Start was to refresh my website’s home page.
Report: ✔ Trying out new home page. (Please leave a comment if you have any feedback.)
Day 4: Fun & Recreation
My Day 4 Fresh Start was to listen to more fun music, not just podcasts and audiobooks.
Report: ✔ Instituted ‘all-music/no-work iPod day’ on Fridays. Love it!
Day 5: Technology & Social Media
Day 6: Home
My Day 6 Fresh Start was to remove one of two printers from my home office.
Report: ✔ Love having my space back.
Day 7: Personal Presentation
My Day 7 Fresh Start was to focus on posture – shoulders back, core muscles in, and chin up.
Report: ✔ Starting to become a habit.
Day 8: Happiness
My Day 8 Fresh Start was to give up watching ‘poignant’, ‘tragic’ or ‘heart-wrenching’ movies.
Report: ✔ Don’t give them a second look at the video store.
Day 9: Money & Finance
My Day 9 Fresh Start was to claim for gym membership from my health fund.
Report: ✔ Have done the groundwork and will get the paperwork at my next medical appointment.
Day 10: Relationships
My Day 10 Fresh Start was to stay and have coffee once a week with my gym friends.
Report: ✔ Stayed and chatted on Friday and will make this semi-regular.
Day 11: Time Management
Today my fresh start is from category 2 (see below): Give up something.
I’m going to give up multi-tasking on home and personal tasks. I often have to go back and re-do or check something (did I lock the door?) because I didn’t give it enough attention at the time. Instead, I’m going to focus my attention on one thing at a time.
I’ll let you know how I go tomorrow, when I make my twelfth and final fresh start – in the Family life area. See you then!
What About You?
Think of your own Time Management goals and plans.
In what area could you:
- Start something new – or try something you haven’t done, read, or experienced before
- Give up something – maybe a habit that undermines you or an obligation that weighs you down
- Do more of something – be specific about ‘more’, but don’t be overly-ambitious
- Do less of something – be specific about ‘less’, but don’t be overly-ambitious
If you want inspiration, you might find some here:
- From Procrastination To Action
- Back-to-School Planning & Organizing [Ultimate To-Do List Pack | Home & Family Edition Customers]
- Get Organized Mission #14: Organize Your Household Notebook
- Getting Organized Quick Tip: How To Schedule Personal Organization Reminders
- Organize Your Evening Ritual: 10 Things To Do At Night For A Good Morning
- Student Planners Galore! [Product Release Info]
- 7 Productivity Tips For Your Home-Based Business
- Get Organized for Better Productivity: Design a Productivity Ritual
I hope you’ll choose something and join me!