I’ve been making 12 fresh starts in 12 life areas over 12 days. It’s not too late to join me!
Day 1: Personal Development
Report: ✔ Feeling pretty dang good about my big-girl weights. 🙂
Day 2: Health & Fitness
My Day 2 Fresh Start was to give up Smith’s Cheese & Onion Chips – at least for September.
Report: ✔ Disbelieving, but delighted, to be chip-free for 11 days.
Day 3: Career & Business
My Day 3 Fresh Start was to refresh my website’s home page.
Report: ✔ Happy with new home page, at least for now. (Feedback is welcome.)
Day 4: Fun & Recreation
My Day 4 Fresh Start was to listen to more fun music, not just podcasts and audiobooks.
Report: ✔ Loving my ‘all-music/no-work iPod’ Fridays.
Day 5: Technology & Social Media
Day 6: Home
My Day 6 Fresh Start was to remove one of two printers from my home office.
Report: ✔ Really enjoying my office again.
Day 7: Personal Presentation
My Day 7 Fresh Start was to focus on posture – shoulders back, core muscles in, and chin up.
Report: ✔ Becoming a habit.
Day 8: Happiness
My Day 8 Fresh Start was to give up watching ‘poignant’, ‘tragic’ or ‘heart-wrenching’ movies.
Report: ✔ My DVD player is now 100% misery-free. 🙂
Day 9: Money & Finance
My Day 9 Fresh Start was to claim for gym membership from my health fund.
Report: ✔ All set up to get the paperwork at my next appointment.
Day 10: Relationships
My Day 10 Fresh Start was to stay and have coffee once a week with my gym friends.
Report: ✔ Stayed for a chat on Friday and will make it semi-regular.
Day 11: Time Management
My Day 11 Fresh Start was to stop multi-tasking on home and personal tasks.
Report: ✔ Focused on one thing at a time yesterday, and felt much clearer of mind.
Day 12: Family
Today my fresh start is from category 3 (see below): To do more of something.
I’m going to listen more when I spend time with family. It’s too easy to just chat at family events and miss what’s really going on for loved ones.
What About You?
Think of your own Family goals and plans.
In what area could you:
- Start something new – or try something you haven’t done, read, or experienced before
- Give up something – maybe a habit that undermines you or an obligation that weighs you down
- Do more of something – be specific about ‘more’, but don’t be overly-ambitious
- Do less of something – be specific about ‘less’, but don’t be overly-ambitious
- Get Organized Mission #17: Create Your Bedroom Sanctuary
- Back-to-School Planning & Organizing [Ultimate To-Do List Pack | Home & Family Edition Customers]
- Getting Organized Quick Tip #6: How To Never Forget a Birthday or Anniversary [Outlook Users]
- Get Organized Mission #14: Organize Your Household Notebook
- Get Organized Mission #13: Organize Your Emergency Contacts [With Free Emergency Phone Contact List]
- Organize Your Evening Ritual: 10 Things To Do At Night For A Good Morning
- Organize Your Facebook Settings For Privacy
- Student Success: How To Become A SMART Student Before Summer’s Over
I hope you’ll choose something and join me!
Keep Up Your Fresh Starts!
This is the last post *cue bugle* in this series, but I will check back in at the end of the month to let you know how I’ve kept up with all my fresh starts.
I’d really love it if you could check back in too! 🙂
To leave a comment: Scroll to the bottom of this post – a comment box is waiting for you.